« Home | Into the Ocean » | Happy Singles Awareness Day » | Whoo-Hoo! » | chilly thoughts » | Sorry CO » | Egad, Brain! » | I'm so tired of being lonely » | Waiting for...Europe » | Listening to: Lucy doesn't love you » | Winter Vacay Pics »

Super Smoothie


Saying goodbye to the weekend is never easy. I thought this weekend was going to be fairly relaxed; not quite as I expected. On Friday I had a meeting with my client for my creative component. I expected I would be doing some work on Friday and Monday, but nothing in between. See, this weekend a good friend of mine came to visit (Peter, who lives in Illinois and is also an ex-boyfriend) and I worked all week to make sure I wouldn’t have to do too much work while he was here. So, I had my meeting on Friday and my client wanted me to change the design of my documents (not completely, but enough for me to have a lot of weekend word to do), and he wanted to see these changes by Monday morning (taking away an entire day of work). Needless to say, I had to change my weekend plans and spent a little less time with Peter and more time with my computer. However I think he had fun while he was here and he’s a champion at entertaining himself.

On Saturday we went to King Buffet. My first time in a long time (Rob and I used to go there a lot) and I felt like I was finally okay with going back. We also went to go see Music and Lyrics, which was…mediocre. This seems a little strange for a self-proclaimed romantic to be saying, but something just didn’t feel right about the movie; maybe I’ve become more of a realist (somehow I doubt it). We also included a trip to Hickory Park while he was here; I’ll admit I almost forgot about HP, but a friend reminded me that no trip to Ames is complete without a visit to ye ole Park.

It’s quite beautiful out today (somewhat sunny and above 40 degrees!). Something tells me today is the day I should clean my car. Not only is it disgusting on the outside (covered with an assortment of dirt, salt from the snowmelt, and these brown seed things that are from a tree in my parking lot), the inside needs a little TLC. About a month ago I was getting a couple smoothies (Steph needed a pick-me-up) and I don’t have two cup holders in the front of my car. One is in the front and the other is between the two back seats. The front one likes to tip over (the first time I discovered this I had a 44 oz Big Gulp “thing” from Kum and Go, which then managed to spill all over my lap), so I decided I must put the first smoothie in the back seat. Juggling two smoothies while leaning into the back seat of a coupe isn’t easy and for a klutz like me it’s even harder. The Raspberry Red ended up on the floor, spilling half it’s contents onto my Cougar’s carpet. Frick! Since that day, it hasn’t been above freezing in Ames long enough for me to clean up the mess. So, today is clean up the smoothie day. I should also mention that this isn’t the first time I’ve spilled smoothie on the inside of my car. Once when I was working at Linens-N-Things I stopped by Jamba Juice (mmm, how I miss the Jamba) on my way there to smoothie my way out of a hangover. When I got to work I placed the smoothie on the top of my car, where it did NOT stay. It tipped precariously and then fell back toward me, splashing me, the car, the seat, the carpet with Strawberry Tsunami. Double frick.