« Home | Whoo-Hoo! » | chilly thoughts » | Sorry CO » | Egad, Brain! » | I'm so tired of being lonely » | Waiting for...Europe » | Listening to: Lucy doesn't love you » | Winter Vacay Pics » | Let it snow... » | Priceless »

Happy Singles Awareness Day


That’s what Kate’s calling this day, and I have to admit I like it. I can’t help but feeling a little lonely today. I very rarely remember what I’ve done on past Valentines Days (my most memorable is from my Freshman year in college when a whole bunch of singles from my floor went out for Mongolian BBQ), so it seems that the day hasn’t held much weight in the past. I know that this may sound like a bitter singles tirade, so you can just skip it. I don’t really need to shout from the rooftops with glee that I’m single. I’m not overbrimming with joy. I’m not overly bitter about being single either.

However, I really don’t remember Valentines Days from past relationships. Why? Who knows. I do know that people in relationships usually don’t need to be reminded that they’re happy, or to celebrate their happiness. Or do they? I see two sides to this holiday. One, it’s a day that makes couples remember that they’re in love and celebrate being together (in the non commercialist sense) and two it’s a day that reminds single people that we celebrate couples. Yep, I do sound bitter. I don’t have a conclusion here. And yes, I do feel lonely today.