« Home | Priceless » | It's been a year » | Where there's a thrill, there's a way! » | Fun Halloween Pics » | Blue Skies? » | Any happy little thought. » | Read Rob's Blog First » | Rob and I broke up. » | Curing the wanderlust » | Hold the insomniac all night. »

Let it snow...

It’s Christmas Eve and I’m sitting in front of the TV watching the Broncos win. Occasionally someone yells at the game, which gets Sadie going (my parents Australian Shepherd). She doesn’t understand the yelling and so she starts barking at us just to make sure she gets in her own two cents. I’m posting this on my parents’ computer, which means dial up connection and the pictures may have to wait.

It’s been a great week. Oh, crap, the Bengals just scored a touchdown. Here comes the extra point. Sarah says maybe they’ll miss. Dad: Yeah, that’d be a Merry Christmas. This is why I love being here; the extra point is about the only thing that you can count on in professional football (or as close as it gets), but we still like to dream. OMG and they’ve missed the extra point! 41 seconds left; game over, Broncs win. (I apologize for the football commentary but the excitement makes me lose my place).

So, anyway, good week. We had a blizzard. Two feet of snow got dumped on Colorado on Wednesday and Thursday. It’s the first time in my memory that there were that many road closures in CO. Usually the snow just isn’t all over the entire front range (the major cities and surrounding areas to the east of the mountains). I’ve been out cross-country skiing around my parents’ property a couple times. The snow is pure powder and I wish I had time to go up to the mountains.

I got to see most of my CO friends; a good time was had by all, but we’re a lot tamer than we used to be. They’re my second family here and it’s nice to be around them because I rarely talk about school. Okay, my first family wants to play Clue. Happy Holidays, all!

I worried about you when I heard about the Colorado snow, but I'm glad to see that you're doing well! Merry Christmas, chica!

Post a Comment