Cold Weather Cure



Two blog postings in one day isn’t really like me, but the last one was a little “serious/academic,” plus the weather outside is a little…mmm…scary. I’m supposed to be doing work on campus, but snow is coming down hard (and before that it rained all day, which then froze. Yesterday it even managed to hail a little…so now the ground is covered with little hail balls, a layer of ice, and fluffy snow). All I want to do is stay inside and watch movies and eat cinnamon rolls (fortunately I have new movies from Netflix and cinnamon rolls from dinner last night!). I also have a comfy couch and a fuzzy faux fur blanket. Oh, yeah, and a cold. My cold is better, I think. I haven’t taken anything for it (because I’m stubborn and also don’t want to get in my car). It’s warm in my apartment and I feel cozy and happy. The only thing that might make it better could be a cat. I miss having a cat. I miss Smaug. I miss Tybalt. I miss Oscar. These have been the only cats that have felt partly mine. Smaug is Rob’s cat and I guess there aren’t really visitation rights for that kind of thing. Tybalt was Carrie’s cat and he lived with us for two years in Boulder; he went missing when she moved to Golden. Oscar was my cat; my parents bought him for me when I was about 10 and he died at their house about a month after I moved to Iowa. I’ve never really had my own cat.

:( I miss our old kitties. I'm glad I know Lucy and that I am blessed to be her servant, and I highly recommend you make a decision to go into cat servitude yourself. That's really what we are. Own pets? I think not! WE are the faithful, loyal, servants. I really enjoyed your uplifting words about LibArtists. Love You!
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:37 PM
I thought you might like the lib artists bit. As soon as I have a place of my own, I fully intend to enter into cat servitude!
Posted by
Dana |
10:31 AM