« Home | Sneaky Spearmint » | Looks good in Boulder » | Where's Dana? » | Beautiful Birthday » | What happened to Daphne... » | Michigan Trip » | Michigan and me » | My week is bipolar » | A Tale of Two Jackets » | Kerry »

I'm still alive, I promise...


Just what have I been up to? This and that. Let me break it down for you:

Job: nada (not even an interview, despite my efforts)
My own place to live: nada (still living with the parents, as I find it would be somewhat silly of me to move out before I have a job and all)
Love life: nada (I should probably get the first two in this little list, although…well, life doesn’t wait for you to get everything in order)
Social life: not too shabby (might as well embrace and enjoy this before I have a job that takes up all my time and energy).

Since being home, I’ve been hiking a few times (once with Andrea, who came to visit all the way from San Diego) and this past weekend I went to Rhonda’s wedding. Definitely one of the best weddings I’ve been to (outside, good weather, nice reception: in an Irish Pub and open bar on top of that).

I flew into Detroit on Saturday, looking forward to seeing not only Rhonda, but Steph as well. Steph was to be driving in from Iowa, but when my plane landed, I had a depressing message from Rhonda. Steph’s car had broken down and she wasn’t going to be able to make it. I’ll admit I felt: a) Bad for Steph and b) Bad for myself (yeah, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that I’d really been looking forward to seeing her; not to mention that she was the only other person that I knew well at the wedding. She was practically my date, and now I was going to have to make small talk with strangers…not my forte). After getting slightly lost in the airport, I managed to find Rhonda and we headed off to dinner with her pastor and his wife. Later we hung out at Rhonda’s with Beth (her sister) and Michelle (Beth’s friend and Rhonda’s wedding hair stylist). I didn’t sleep well and was up and reading at about 5:45 a.m. (3:45 CO time).

Rhonda’s parents took us out to breakfast and then the getting ready commenced. Rhonda looked absolutely beautiful (you can see for yourself in the pictures posted here). The wedding was great. I was seated with a couple of Rhonda’s friends that I’d met the last time I was in MI and ended up having plenty to talk about. After the reception (and many Strongbows on my part) we headed to Greektown for Greek food.

It seems to hold true that the weekend you’re out of town, you get more phone calls than ever to hang out with people, but c’est la vie. Now I’m back to my usual routine (looking for a job, walking and hiking, trying not to go stir crazy).

I think the photo of you singing along to the guitar should become your new myspace/facebook photo. ;) It captures your 'you' well. Plus, your hair looks cool. :)

Yay married Rhonda (and RhondaHusband (L-... I forgot again))!

I'm glad to know you are still alive! I MISS YOU!

Yay for posting! Miss you, hon.

Rob, you're close, it's Al!

Wamp and Alicia, I miss you guys too

Dana, thanks for the beautiful pics! I'm so glad you had fun. I, too, felt bad for you when Steph couldn't make it...

Thanks Rob. You never could say Al's name right. :)

Post a Comment