A Tale of Two Jackets
As I was looking through my pictures of Kerry (I wanted one to accompany my previous post), I noticed something interesting. Kerry and the green jacket. They were everywhere! This green jacket has seen places, let me tell you!

Two years ago (ish), me and some Colorado friends took a spring break trip to Vegas, which I have mentioned before. We met with some interesting weather on our trip; we were all just expecting it to be nice while we were there. I didn’t even check the weather before I left. I brought a coat for the Grand Canyon (which I needed because it did snow), and a cruddy jacket. Although it didn’t snow in Vegas, in fact the weather was beautiful, it was definitely jacket weather. 50s and 60s. Maybe a little warmer during the heat of the day, but lets face it, Vegas is all about the night life. Kerry and I both realize on our second day there that bulky coats and cruddy jackets aren’t going to cut it in this town of glitz (I mean, after all, we’d already come equipped with a scandalous wardrobe…no way were we completely covering it up!), so we make a stop at the mall and purchased matching jackets. Green for her, blue for me.

My jacket has sadly become a recluse in my closet. It has since lost much of its glamour and become a workout jacket (it was one of the only jackets I had when I first moved to Iowa and lived with Betsey, so I often wore it on my early-morning walks…consequently it has faded some).
Kerry’s jacket, on the other hand, is, I am happy to say, alive and well.
This picture was taken at Gordon Biersch (Tyler is in the middle), April 30, 2005 (we were there celebrating my 23rd Birthday)

This picture was taken March 11, 2007 in DC.

Long live the green jacket. And blue vest. And black Old Navy purse. I’m so happy that soon I’ll get to see you more often (and even better, Kerry too).

Two years ago (ish), me and some Colorado friends took a spring break trip to Vegas, which I have mentioned before. We met with some interesting weather on our trip; we were all just expecting it to be nice while we were there. I didn’t even check the weather before I left. I brought a coat for the Grand Canyon (which I needed because it did snow), and a cruddy jacket. Although it didn’t snow in Vegas, in fact the weather was beautiful, it was definitely jacket weather. 50s and 60s. Maybe a little warmer during the heat of the day, but lets face it, Vegas is all about the night life. Kerry and I both realize on our second day there that bulky coats and cruddy jackets aren’t going to cut it in this town of glitz (I mean, after all, we’d already come equipped with a scandalous wardrobe…no way were we completely covering it up!), so we make a stop at the mall and purchased matching jackets. Green for her, blue for me.

My jacket has sadly become a recluse in my closet. It has since lost much of its glamour and become a workout jacket (it was one of the only jackets I had when I first moved to Iowa and lived with Betsey, so I often wore it on my early-morning walks…consequently it has faded some).
Kerry’s jacket, on the other hand, is, I am happy to say, alive and well.
This picture was taken at Gordon Biersch (Tyler is in the middle), April 30, 2005 (we were there celebrating my 23rd Birthday)

This picture was taken March 11, 2007 in DC.

Long live the green jacket. And blue vest. And black Old Navy purse. I’m so happy that soon I’ll get to see you more often (and even better, Kerry too).
