« Home | What happened to Daphne... » | Michigan Trip » | Michigan and me » | My week is bipolar » | A Tale of Two Jackets » | Kerry » | Shaw » | What attracts us » | Oral Defense » | Today »

Beautiful Birthday


Alright, so I haven’t posted in a few days, and that means that I haven’t posted about my birthday. Twas a fun weekend and that’s all there is to it (well, okay, no not really)

Saturday
Steph and Krystal have a gypsy themed graduation partay. Lethal sangria (three glasses and I was toasted for the duration of the evening). Pictures can be found here.

Sunday
My birthday. A phone call wakes me up at 7:20 (I’d been asleep for about 3. 5 hours at that point). I drive over to Rhonda’s to take her to her car (still parked at S&K’s) and stay to help the girls and remaining guests clean. I’m rewarded with tasty egg-bake. I go home, clean my room a little, talk to my family. It is the most beautiful spring day. Steph and Rhonda come over. Saj makes us smoothies (for those who don’t know, saj = Stephane Anne Jennings = Steph). The day progresses to a trip to the arboretum and ends with steaks on the grill. Mmm. I make apple crumble for my “cake” (this is actually what I usually have for my cake because too much actual cake makes me feel sick…it’s too rich).

Monday
Most of the birthday fun is over by this point and I do some homework and see my students for the very last time. Tear. However, I do spend the evening with Betsey and George and they take me out for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (where I have the tiramisu, but not cheesecake…too rich!).

Thanks to all the birthday well wishers (assorted messages on Facebook, text messages, and phone calls). It was all appreciated.

The dream and procrastination of the weekend is now over. I’m back to waking up with anxiety and spend my days doing homework and packing (unfortunately not enough packing because too much homework still left to do).

daaaaaamn it. I use my parents celebrating their anniversary as a reminder of your birthday and they frickin' didn't celebrate it (call them lazy). Perhaps we can use your birthday as an excuse to have a birthday get-together when you come home? Maybe at Shaw's? :)

It was so nice to hear from you this afternoon! I just realized that I will see you sooner than later. I decided to come up for a single night - Friday night, for an art show that Shaw is doing. So we have to hang out then.

Post a Comment