« Home | Follow up » | Interview! » | Plasma Donation: Successful » | Wake up call...it's 4 a.m. (actual representation ... » | I'm still alive, I promise... » | Sneaky Spearmint » | Looks good in Boulder » | Where's Dana? » | Beautiful Birthday » | What happened to Daphne... »

I'd go the whole wide world...


There’s nothing quite like dance therapy to pull you out of bad mood. Specifically exuberant air guitar. Highly recommended for getting self out of funk.

I had a job interview today, which went…okay. This is the interview to follow up the super-awesome phone interview I had the other day. I realized today, though, that a part of me was settling for a job that wasn’t even remotely in the direction I want to go. If I took this job, I’d be doing purely business. No room for the creative mind. The good news: at least I got some interview practice and I looked pretty darn snazzy in my black suit.

So tomorrow things are back to usual.
Plasma donating (can’t go quitting this one until I definitely have a job)
Job applying (and if there isn’t any layout work involved, I’m not even going to attempt it! I do like having the excuse of getting out of the house for this one. The Internet connection is slow here, so I get to convince myself that it would be rude to be at Panera and not at least buy a yummy hot peach tea).
Errand running (I think I’ll mosey over to LNT for a long overdue “howdoyoudo” and perhaps I’ll even pop in to the mall. But popping and people watching is all I will be doing. No spending. No. I said no! But I can fantasize about all the stuff I can’t afford at Apple. Especially programs).
Socializing(Tomorrow I’ll be spending the evening hanging out with Nate, who is a good influence in my life. He doesn’t let me get too down on myself and I, in turn, try to be a good listener as well).

And now…back to the air guitar and Wreckless Eric

When I was a young boy
My mama said to me
There's only one girl in the world for you
And she probably lives in Tahiti

I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Just to find her

Or maybe she's in the Bahamas
Where the Carribean sea is blue
Weeping in a tropical moonlit night
Because nobody's told her 'bout you

I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Just to find her
I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Find out where they hide her

Why am I hanging around in the rain out here
Trying to pick up a girl
Why are my eyes filling up with these lonely tears
When there're girls all over the world

Is she lying on a tropical beach somewhere
Underneath the tropical sun
Pining away in a heatwave there
Hoping that I won't be long

I should be lying on that sun-soaked beach with her
Caressing her warm brown skin
And then in a year or maybe not quite
We'll be sharing the same next of kin

I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Just to find her
I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Find out where they hide her

A great way to make some cash would be to look around for housesitting gigs. Then you just get paid to hang out at someone's house and feed their dog or whatever. I highly recommend it. In fact, you should look for housesitting gigs in Colorado Springs. ;)

I'm glad you know now that the job isn't what you want - even though I wanted you to move South.

A housesitting gig would be pretty sweet, but they're hard to find unless you know someone...

I had to send you a link to Chris Rockne's blog - its now amongst those few blogs I am interested in purusing daily (your's is included). It is: http://rocknec.blogspot.com/

You should check it out because his first entry in America is fabulous and now he is in Madrid - that lucky bastard.

Anyways, you'll get ideas for your trip next summer - you lucky bastard----ette. Wink wink*

Post a Comment