What attracts us

This morning I went to the gym and regretted it. I got in a nice little workout, but as I was going along on one of the elliptical machines (which face a wall of TV’s), I saw one of the Survivors on the television, a survivor that is supposed to be on the show. Yes, I admit it, I love Survivor. Let’s focus on the bigger issue here. Survivors are only on network TV after they get voted out, which means that I already knew who was going to get voted out before I even watched it (my TiVo recorded it for me last night but I hadn’t gotten around to watching it). This reminds me of an even bigger tragedy in my life as a Survivor watcher. I have watched the show on and off over the last seven years, including the very first season. I was very into it, blah blah, and I missed the season finale because of some school related thing. Not to worry, my mom taped it for me. We were in the car, on the way home. She switches the radio station and the first sound we hear is, “…can’t believe Richard won Survivor.” That person is still on my list.
I walked out of the gym and smelled freshly cut grass. What a wonderful smell. This of course (yes, of course) reminded me of Harry Potter and the Amorentia potion. This is supposedly the strongest love potion and smells like what ever attracts us. Hermoine’s smelled like freshly cut grass (among other things); I’m definitely with her on this one. Mine would smell like a combination of outdoor smells (grass, rain, lilacs, earth, and the like). Maybe like cookies baking too. What would yours smell like?
So a friend of mine showed me this video. Watch it. I find it quite hilarious (it really helps if you know Pachabel’s Canon in D, but not a requirement; you probably already know the song and just don’t realize it).

I'm checking to see if this posting thing works. I check your blog everyday to see how Miss Dana will entertain me. I am so glad you'd had more time to post ever since your presentation was finished. It sounded stressful girly. Well, I had to comment because you know I also am in love with Survivor. I think that we should try-out for it. Yeah. We should interview for Survivor. Your personality would get you in, in a heart beat. And don't you want to look at sexy, half-naked men in the middle of the jungle/island/desert? Good looking ones at that. Wooo. Or maybe we should just plan a camping trip after you come home and invite a few sexy men that would be willing to d-shirt.
Posted by
Unknown |
8:18 PM
You inspired a post :)
Posted by
Dana |
1:36 PM