« Home | The Places We Have Come to Fear the Most » | Trivial Talk » | Catty remarks » | My Weekend Charges » | I left my heart in Des Moines » | BAM! » | Not to be missed... » | Electronic Deficiency (It sounds serious, I know; ... » | One little kitten » | Proud momma »

SSB


It’s inevitable that when you have a roommate, she will discover your SSB (Secret Single Behavior). Honestly, it’s hard to keep it a secret for long, and who really wants to go through all that work. Occasionally, however, there comes a time when you really feel as though no one is watching you. You morph into the single creature, not worried about judgment or harassment. Today Kate came home to find me laying on the couch, watching Star Trek (read: Science Fiction dork), and eating pepper jack cheese (I might add that I was munching on the actual block of cheese itself. No knife necessary. The cheese block still bears my teeth marks). This got me to thinking about other things I do when I think no one is watching (and Kate doesn’t really count because I’m too comfortable around her to feel embarrassed about much anymore).

Dana’s SSB
1. I shave my legs on Friday (but just on Friday)
2. I consider pickles and cheese dinner
3. I plan my homework around times when CSI (or Project Runway or Grey’s Anatomy or anything else that sounds like a good show to plan homework around) is on
4. I “code” my closet: a) when at all possible, clothes are hung on hangers of the same color; b) my skirts are hung two to a hanger and each skirt has another skirt that it should be hanging with; c) I have two laundry baskets in my closet: one for dirty clothes and one for clothes that have been worn but have re-wearing potential (jeans especially).
5. I get up at 6 a.m. even though I don’t have class until 9:30 (I like to take walks, go to yoga, or clean in the morning…movement wakes me up)
6. This one is a little gross: I clip dead skin off of my feet with toe nail clippers
7. Hmmm, well, that’s all I can think of now…

However, I invite you, dear readers, to comment with your own SSB (read: totally at your most comfortable behaviour)!

Yep, you have found the right family to call home here!
She's a keeper Rob!
I personally prefer to scrap or peel the dry skin from my feet. I tweeze obbessively, and yes, I too only shave once a week - whether I need it or not.

A topic of lunch break conversation last week was grilled sandwiches, the most popular being cheese of course. It turns out an "underground" favorite is grilled with dill pickle slices buried in the cheese.

Post a Comment