« Home | One little kitten » | Proud momma » | My secret passion: Dancing in the kitchen » | Ledges » | I used to live in Colorado » | In which I remember that I have a blog » | "Andy" will go far » | Let's take at test! » | Falling in love is hard on the aspartame... » | Peppering the Mint »

Electronic Deficiency (It sounds serious, I know; I’m looking into it)

I offer up no excuses this time. I’m just forgetful (oh and I think my life is a bit boring so I just read about everyone else’s instead). Scott made an interesting comment today. He, Kate, and I were at Santa Fe Espresso doing homework. He gave me his best hurt puppy dog look (I’m sure he didn’t, but it just sounds more fun if I tell it that way) and asked why I hadn’t accepted his request to be my facebook friend. What could I say? Having been a thoroughly electronically deficient personage the past few weeks, I could at least tell him with perfect honesty that my snubbing was not exclusive, and that I had e-mails, facebook requests, myspace comments, a blog gathering dust, bank accounts, etc. All requiring my attention and me with no excuse to offer. (oh, and Rob, in case you’re listening, Scott mentioned that unless you start updating your blog more, you’re going to lose your readership).

I have been reading and watching Jane Austinish things, so, pray, forgive me in advance for any serious missteps or grammar obscurities. Or if you find me hither and thithering about, I could mention I popped in a bit of Bridget Jones for lunch. Often that British accent works it’s way into my head and I have a much harder time of it getting it out that even my own dialect. Hopefully your good opinion of me (if it was wending it’s way around that direction) won’t be lost forever.


I spent the weekend of June 9-11 at my parents’ house in Colorado. Although it was a short trip, it was the only weekend that would work out for both my mom and me, and it just happened to fall right before my class started. However, it was a thoroughly wonderful weekend. I forgot to take any pictures of my friends while I was there, so if any of you Colorado kids are reading, please e-mail me a few. The pictures you do see posted are the hiking trail Andrea and I braved one of Boulder Valley.

My linguistics class is taking up a lot of my free time during the day. I simultaneously like it and am frustrated by it.

Ahh, I hear the cicadas and see some lightning bugs. It’s dusk and I want to be outside (where I most surely will get bitten!).