« Home

Ready, Set, Blog!


I think I can safely say before I moved to Iowa, I knew not a one person who maintained a blog (or I have conveniently forgotten to mention said persons). I think, however, that Iowa might be on to something. It could start out innocently enough as a way to pass the time as you stare suspiciously out the window at the thermometer and know that the wind chill isn’t going to allow it to feel any warmer than 20 degrees colder than what you’re reading; perhaps it is a vain effort to delay your graduate studies (or class planning); or maybe you’ve just become an addict, sucked into the blogging quagmire. Whatever the reason, I’ve decided that I can no longer be a passive blogger.

Currently, I’m sitting in my apartment, on the floor. I’m contemplating this particular place on the floor, for in two days time, there will be a couch here. It is a plum-colored beauty, and despite some skepticism, I refuse any raining on my parade. My couch is beautiful, comfortable, and hopefully I will not be sitting her still contemplating it when it is delivered.

I just recently moved most of my possessions to an apartment in Ames, Iowa. Now the apartment is filled with boxes, but I have reassuringly told my roommate that the unpacking will be done by Thursday. I hope that’s actually true, otherwise we’ll have gone from having no furniture to using cardboard boxes as end tables (I’ve always thought plum and cardboard went well together).

This apartment is a recent development in my life. Before it, I was just lost. A transient, living on borrowed waterbeds and generous couches. I’m so relieved to have a place of my own. December was a wonderful month. Somehow, around the same time, I also acquired a Rob. These are rare and difficult to come by; I think I’ll keep him around for a while.

Well, I think that’s all the procrastinating I can fit in in one session…

Yeah, I'm having that looked at...

Post a Comment